3.30.2006

FILLING THE PAGES (Photo #2)


The writing instrument taunts me
Daring me to lift and grasp it
Clenched hands refuse to respond
But my mind is already writing

Hundreds of words tumbling out
Spilling onto the paper in ornate script
Pieces of my essence escaping
Grateful for the opportunity to be free

The past blending with the present
And shattered dreams expressed
Moments of euphoria bursting forth
Mingling with the drops of tears

The symphony of emotions recorded
Left in stark black against the pale
Slowly integrating to form a gray
In the world in which I reside

*~Nikki/Bedazzzled1~*
(I know I should not say this, but
posting in here still terrifies me.
I hope that feeling goes away if I
try to post regularly.)

3 comments:

TJ said...

These words intertwine interpreting this picture so perfect!!
I love the ailing thoughts and words for filling the pages...
TJ

Tammy Brierly said...

Outstanding! You silly goose you are a gifted poet!

"The past blending with the present
And shattered dreams expressed
Moments of euphoria bursting forth
Mingling with the drops of tears"

Soooo true!

Hugs

Christina K Brown said...

nIKKI...

You have done a wonderful job!