1.14.2007

Secret Sadness










The heart withdraws in pain
The sad songs sung again
Where’s the hand that I used to hold –
Gone.

I faked my pleasures
I faked my sadness
I faked my laughs for you …

The rain is a sad lie
In the cloud’s blueness
The wind is a whisper
Sighed into sadness

This life that I never chose
But in living it’s more mine
I lost myself within the rhythm
… The voices slurring into beyond.

The clouds that never broke
The pain, that wasn’t poetryed
Where’d that heart that of happiness told –
Gone.

I faked my worries
The heart split from cries that
I faked - Just to be with you …

The rain is a sad lie
In the cloud’s blueness
The wind is a whisper
Sighed into sadness

This love that I had lost
And, in paining it’s more mine
So, deepens in meaning, a Sad hymn
… The smiles blurring into beyond.

4 comments:

Clockworkchris said...

This is wonderfully sad. It needs to be cleaned up a bit-all that HTML coding takes away from the poem. I read it at a friend's house and they kept asking what that meant. I love the repeating stanza.

writerwoman said...

Brillant use of the word faked to give this piece a bittersweetness.

Unknown said...

@ Clockworkchris
yeah, will work with cleaning the html.
thanks chris :)
and, i really your work.

@ writerwoman

the muse was true. so the bittersweetness. thanks, for the kind words.

TJ said...

writewomen "absolutely"
Good to read you again Akhil.
Peace
TJ