3.21.2006

Trolls and Hidden Riches


“Rah!” he screamed and jumped out from the behind the tree right onto my back bringing me to the ground.
That is how I met my best friend Dirk, he was twelve years old and I was ten years old.
As he sat on my chest and looking onto my face gazing straight through my eyes he asked me” Do you believe in trolls? Answer me quickly!”
I looked back at him and answered, “ Yes I do, and I have seen one!”
He rolled off my chest and laid next to me in the snow chanting “I knew it, you have the gift same as me!”
I was lying of course, I never seen a Troll but who is to say I wouldn’t someday?
We both sat up straight, rolling to our knees to stand while brushing off the snow from the backside of our pants.
“Sorry” he said reaching down to pick up my book bag and handing it to me.
He then picked up his book bag and nudged me with his shoulder. “Come on I want to show you something.”
Reaching up and breaking a branch from the tree he starts walking in the ankle deep snow BACKWARDS.
“Come on! “ he yelled using the branch to stir up the snow erasing the tracks of our boots as we walked disappearing into the snow.
We walked about 300 yards through the naked trees to a shack of a shed I couldn’t remember ever seeing.
“This is it” he says “and you must never tell anyone. Can I trust you?”
“Yeah, on my honor” I said.
Once we ducked inside he laughed at me “On your honor? That is so Boy Scout of you. Boy Scouts don’t hunt trolls Jason, take off your gloves.”
We both took off our gloves and he reached inside his pants pocket and pulled out a small shinning knife.
“Give me your hand and repeat after me, "I, Jason am of sound mind and body will keep secret of the Troll Hunter. I promise Never to be taken captive. Do not let a Troll move you into the realm of doubt or fear. You will stand still in the presence of a Troll if you do not know where to walk or where to go and tell a Troll nothing."
He then takes the small shinning knife and cuts the palm of my right hand and the palm of his left hand making it just deep enough for a little blood.
We joined our bleeding palms together and he covered our locked hands with a white handkerchief.
“I give to you the name of Jasonsonbolli, may you be a worthy Troll hunter.”
“Amen” he said as he let go of my hand.
He reaches into his book bag and pulls out a stack of papers that has been stapled many times together.
He belch talks “This is the most updated sacred Troll manual.”
I belch talk back” What do I do?”
“It’s yours. Take it, memorize it and meet me back here tomorrow.” He whispers and DO NOT ever let anyone see this.”
“ What are we doing tomorrow?” I ask.
He pulls out this photo of a Troll holding a Teddy Bear sitting next to a tree stump.
“This is our first mission. This troll has stolen a teddy bear and we are to find him, destroy him and get it back along with all the other treasures he has stolen.”
“Basturd I said in my inside voice, I have a little sister and that looks like it is her teddy bear!”
It is” he said. “Now go!”

TJ
Short Story for fun
Trolls and Hidden Riches
Expression for photo #12

4 comments:

~A4O~ said...

WE CAN ALL TALK FOR A LIFETIME AND NOT REALIZE WE'RE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH A LIKE MIND

WHAT IS IT, ARE WE JUST PASSIN' TIME, ARE WE WASTIN' AWAY OUR LIFELINES TO TEST ANOTHERS LOVE LINE, OR MAYBE OUR LOVE IS JUST THE START AND WHEN WE MEET THEY'LL OVERLAP WITHOUT PLAYING A PART

LOVE RUNS PERPENDICULAR AND PARALLEL, SOME LOVE STOPS AND MAKES OTHERS LOVE SEEM LONGER, LOVE CROSSES AND X'S PEOPLE OUT AND ALL LOVE ESCAPES OTHERS LOVE WITHOUT DOUBT

IS YOUR LOVE IN SYNC WITH MINE, OR DO YOU PULL YOUR LOVE CLOSER TO MINE WITH YOU MIND, WHILE IGNORING THE SIMPLE FACT THAT YOUR LOVE TRAILS SECOND IN LINE

DOES YOUR LOVE UNDERSTAND MINE, IF THAT'S THE CASE, YOUR LOVE HAS ALLOWED YOU TO LOOK AT AND SEE MINE, YOU PAUSED YOUR TIME, OBVIOUSLY YOUR LOVE LINE BEATS MINE

OUR LOVE RUNS NECK AND NECK THIS TIME, IS YOUR LOVE AS COMPLETE AS MINE, CAN WE RUN TILL THE END WITHIN OUR MINDS, OR WILL OUR LOVE BE INCOMPLETE WHEN OUR PACE BECOMES A FACTOR OF TIME

DOES YOUR MIND UNDERSTAND LOVE AND IT'S PACE WITHIN IT'S COURSE, I HOPE, BECAUSE WE CAN'T BEAT LOVE, IT'S A TIE, IT NULLIFIES TIME, LOVE EQUALS LLIVING OFF VITAL ENGERY, I NOW KNOW IT IS THE MEAN, LOVE, ENERGY THAT LIES BETWEEN...

Christina K Brown said...

This is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Just perfect!!!!


The picture isn't even needed TJ!

Bedazzzled1 said...

Ooooooo...I love this! It is enchanting! Will you continue it? ::hoping for a "yes"::

V said...

Is this you, tj?
I hope you can continue this!
V