3.20.2006

The temptest's lesson for Man's Misconception


The glimmer of darkness, a temptest surrounding herself with the brightness of her stars whipsers to me.

The night, a veil of peace comforts me while inviting me to see the other side of day in a dusk of twilight.

It is in the dark of midnight that I open my eyes.

The quiet sounds of tomorrow are promised to me in these hours as I watch for the birth of a new day.
I accept her invitation to sail into meditation, floating with the stars, weightless and free.

I am reminded by the temptest that it is only the human journey that is paved with pettiness and selfish boundries. In the awe of her greatest hours I re-discover myself and find strengths in dreaming without ends.
Life is brief and fragil if only measured by the glow of a candle but in the reality of the star's reflections the cylce is merely man's misconception.

TJ
Photo Expressions for #14
Man's Misconceptions

3 comments:

Globetrotter said...

"It is in the dark of midnight that I open my eyes."

My observation about myself is that it is always in the dark of midnight that I open my eyes, though not in the literal sense of midnight.

Your interptretation of the tempest is lovely, and unique in that it takes the fury of the tempest and calms it into a whisper. Lovely!

Bedazzzled1 said...

This is a very gentle piece of writing. I found it soothing to read. I could feel the words.

Tammy Brierly said...

"Life is brief and fragil if only measured by the glow of a candle but in the reality of the star's reflections the cylce is merely man's misconception."

This line touched me! Beautiful as always :)